bg

Home Forums Sales and Wants T hooks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Fraser Wenseth
    Participant

Does anyone know where I can obtain some of these in the UK:
    http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=191831165059&alt=web

John Chambers
    Participant

Never seen these. What do you use them for? You could try someone like RED https://www.red-bhw.com/

Allan Martin
    Participant

I use these T hooks for my suspend tow chains, the boom-head of my crane has suitable holes/slots which the T hooks fit into, they are inserted/removed by turning through 90 degrees fitting through the slots, turned through the 90 D & dropped into register with the slot. They therefore can’t come out while the load is on them, I also have shortening clutch hooks fitted on the end ring of the chains so that I can make the the chains the length I want, lower the load onto the chains in order that the travelling load is taken by the chains & not the winch/hoist rope plus the sway bar takes some of the towing/travelling load bearing in mind that the sway bar should always be parallel to the ground when travelling. This reduces the likely-hood of the suspended load pivoting vertically on the sway bar under braking.
    (Well you did ask)
    Allan Stag Recovery

Anonymous
    Inactive

fraser look at kuplex chain shortening clutch, they grab the chain at each link, i threw away the harvey frost chains and changed for standard kuplex lifting chain , works much better is fifty years newer and is compatible with your existing brothers, this means if you lift a car that has nothing to hook onto you can add your brothers on and extend to the other end of the vehicle to lift it. i did have some but it think graham got them

Fraser Wenseth
    Participant

Cheers Richard, They look like a standard clutch hook, but a bit more secure I guess.

Fraser Wenseth
    Participant

….but at £50 each, very pricey. Might stick with standard clutch hooks unless I can find them cheaper.

Anonymous
    Inactive

standard clutch hooks will do the same job, search ebay for kuplex and grade 8 10 chain you will find them

Fraser Wenseth
    Participant

Cheers, that’s what I’ve been using. The fancy hooks look good, but £6 v £50 is hard to justify.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Design and development by Creatomatic